Eyelash Extensions are individual strands of synthetic fibers made to replicate a natural eyelash. Eyelash extensions are used to enhance the length, fullness, and thickness of natural eyelashes. The single strands are applied to each individual eyelash, one by one. With proper application, lash extensions look and feel completely natural.
Eyelash extensions are waterproof and give the appearance of having mascara on without the messy clumps and smudging of makeup. The bond is designed to last until the lashes naturally fall out, usually around 3–4 weeks.
Eyelash extensions come in many types, lengths, colors, curves and thicknesses, from natural-looking, to glamorous, as well as dramatic.
The application process for lash extensions normally takes about 90-120 minutes for a full set of lashes and 45-60 minutes for a refill. You will lay comfortably on a massage table with your eyes closed while relaxing ambient music is played in the background. During application, your lower lashes will be covered and the extensions will be applied only to your upper lashes one at a time.
Your technician will consult with you to understand what type of style you are interested in and what look will work best with your natural lashes. The overall look of the lashes can range from very natural to very voluminous!
When applied by one of our Amazing professionals, eyelash extensions will last the length of the natural growth cycle of your own eyelashes. Depending on your activity and day-to-day routine, refills should only be required every 2 to 4 weeks.
We do ask you to minimize the chance of wetting the extensions for the first 48 hours of wear. After that 48-hour period, the adhesive used to apply your eyelash extensions is secure enough to allow you to get right back to your routine. However, keeping away from extensive contact with steam such as in saunas or certain facials is recommended since it can begin to loosen the bond.
- Avoid hot steam or sauna
- Avoid getting lashes wet for the first 24-48 hours
- Avoid oil based Eye Makeup Cleanser or Removal Pads to remove any eye makeup.
- Use a mild antibacterial foaming cleanser t or an oil-free makeup remover to cleanse the lashes. the extensions may fall out faster if oil-based eye makeup remover is used, as oil weakens the bond between the glue and the lash.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes, and wearing mascara. Rubbing one’s eyes regularly also causes the extensions to fall out faster
- Do not perm eyelashes or manually curl.
- Brush with a clean mascara wand daily.
- TIP: Sometimes mornings are a mess! Try washing your lashes in the morning and gently brushing the top side of the extensions with a finger placed beneath.
Right before the appointment you may be asked to cleanse your lashes with a mild cleanser to remove any leftover oils. Lashes should not be permed or manually curled at the time of appointment.
We do offer a service to have the extensions removed involving a short thirty-minute appointment in which we apply a gel remover. The gel remover is applied on top of the extensions without touching the skin and allowed to sit for 10 minutes. Once the adhesive is dissolved the extensions are gently wiped away with lint free applicators exposing the natural lashes.